Cultivated Reef

What pump?

Yaman

I have a shallow tank as well. CadLights 45g and I wanted two gyre one on each side but after researching. It seemed like it wouldn't be that great in a shallow tank and probably would just throw all my sand around. Since I already have 1 MP-10 I'm just going to add 2 more. I plan on mounting them across from each other and then the third one on the back side of my rock work to push current toward my overflow and keep that dead are cleaned out. If you are stuck on the Nero and the gyre. I'd get the Nero 5

• Like 1

Even though that pump is rather strong. You'll likely need to supplement it with some other cheaper pumps if you want. Just to stir up some dead spots. As strong as that pump is. I don't see just one being enough in a 3ft tank. I could be wrong though 

Yeah I suppose. Depending on your rock work of course. Aqua scape effects flow greatly. Someone else could have the same tank with different rock work and need powerheads in every corner. Where another tank with a minimal scape could get by with one. Like I said above. In my particular tank. I think I need three

• 6 months later...
On 9/5/2019 at 8:13 AM, Yaman said:

Went for one nero 5. Sicce silent 1.5 for returns. 

Tank Been up for 1 week.

Crappy pic 

20190905_133528.jpg

How is the single nero-5 doing in that tank?  Is it enough flow?

On 9/13/2019 at 6:12 PM, FOB_Reefy said:

How is the single nero-5 doing in that tank?  Is it enough flow?

I Think its ok...my fidji sand dont stay there i want at 90% power 🙈