Coral Vue Hydros

Blue discoma question?

EthanPhillyCheesesteak

EthanPhillyCheesesteak

I have a blue discoma frag with one on it, it’s maybe only an inch maybe less when it is spread out. How long do you think it would take to start to reproduce? I really love this guy and I really want more😂. I got him maybe a week ago, bc I heard that they are very easy to take care of. 

I'd imagine it has 99% to do with tank conditions.  Mine took a tank swap to finally start spitting out babies.  After I did the swap it was a couple of weeks.  After 3 months I have 3 small shrooms that I can see.  My green striped disco took a few months in my old tank but then made about a baby a month. 

EthanPhillyCheesesteak
29 minutes ago, KNelson said:

I'd imagine it has 99% to do with tank conditions.  Mine took a tank swap to finally start spitting out babies.  After I did the swap it was a couple of weeks.  After 3 months I have 3 small shrooms that I can see.  My green striped disco took a few months in my old tank but then made about a baby a month. 

I just got him 2 weeks ago, and I can really see a change. He has grown maybe a quarter inch already from when I first got him.