inTank Media Baskets

What the heck is this?

Mros

If you don't fix it, it will spread.  I had a little ball on the tip of a rock.  I was new, thought it was kinda cool, but everyone told me to get rid of it.  So glad I did, because years later I had it and didn't jump on it as soon as I should have and it took forever to get rid of!!

• 4 months later...

You either don't have an of cleanup crew are enough different types of cleanup crew… Or you are not doing your job as part of the cleanup crew.

For now reach in there and use your thumb and first finger as a pair of tweezers and pinch it off the rocks and put it in the trash. 😉 

I keep a small container of tapwater next to me if I have "a lot" of pinching to do in this manner.   it makes a handy place to put the pinches of algae as well as a finger rinse to keep your fingers from re-introducing particles of algae to the tank.

Make a small upgrade to your cleanup crew and then wait a few weeks to see if they keep the algae you removed under control.

Keep helping them as needed, and keep upgrading them as needed until you don't have to help them very much anymore.

There will always be a little algae that you have to help them with, BTW, but they should be doing 95-100% of the work.

• Like 1