Top Shelf Aquatics

Are yellow watchman gobies and sexy shrimp compatible?

portmanteaux

Hi, all! I've been a lurker on these forums for a good while now and have finally gotten to the point with my first pico reef tank where I introduced my first fish (yellow watchman). Now, the problem is... I had 3 sexy shrimp in my tank as well. Now it appears I only have 2 - and last night I noticed my goby eyeing one of the remaining sexy shrimp in what did not look like a friendly way, with its fins all stretched out to full mast. 

I've looked into this online and have found conflicting reports. Some people with large sexy shrimp colonies and yellow watchmen say they have never had a problem, while some other cases say the watchman is a known threat. What are your opinions on this? Should I bring my sexies back to my LFS if they are at risk? They are one of my absolute favorite parts of my aquarium, but I don't want them to just be sitting ducks/really expensive fish food!

My other thought is: will keeping my goby well fed reduce the risk of it straying to my other inhabitants? Thanks a lot, all. I've learned a lot from this forum in the last few months and look forward to continuing that trend.