SaltCritters.com

Fluval Edge to IM Fusion 20

RemoGaggi

First of all, thank you to the community here for all the advice and guidance.  After over 25 years away from the hobby, I started a Fluval Edge 6 gallon about a month ago with live rock with the intent to have a fish or two, some softies and LPS. When it finished cycling and before I got any fish, my wife wanted a larger tank so we could have a few more fish - so I got the green light to get a IM 20.  The transfer from the Fluval to the IM20 was easy.  I picked up another 10lb bag of Caribsea live sand and got a nice large piece of LR from the LFS.  I monitored my water daily and didn't see any spikes.   I added my first fish yesterday - 2 Picasso clowns.  I already had a trochus snail, cerrith snail, and scarlet hermit from my initial tank.  

I'm really liking the IM 20, but my stock pump is annoyingly loud, so I ordered another pump.  There's also quite a bit of evaporation - approximately a quart or so a day.  I ordered a Sicce 1.0, an IM custom caddy media basket (for one side) and an Intank floss holder for the other side.  The only thing I'm running at the moment is 500ml of Matrix (Bio) and the stock socks.  I'm switching to filter floss when I receive my basket and floss holder.  I may get another basket in the road, but I'm considering getting a Duetto ATO to deal with the evaporation.  

Thanks for looking!

Equipment

Sicce silent 1.0 (arriving tomorrow)

Hydor Nano

IM custom caddy & Intank floss holder (arriving tomorrow)

Hipargero (Aquaknight) LED light

100watt Cobalt Neotherm heater

20lbs Caribsea Live Sand (Reef Sand)

Walmart el cheapo glass thermometer (it's accurate - checked with electronic thermometer)

Here's my IM Fusion 20:

IMG_20190207_075002531.jpg

IMG_20190207_081254490.jpg

• Like 1