Pod Your Reef

Can I add LPS?

If_Only

So basically I have a quite simple question... Ive had my tank running for about 5 weeks, but my params and quite stable. The only things I have in my tank are 3 leathers, a zoa frag, and a mushroom (with a clown goby and snails). I wouldn't really be considering this but I have two reasons, number one, theres a great sale at my LFS (don't know how much backing this has but hey, it temps me), the second Is the real reason, I had some encrusting montipora sneak in on one of the rocks that my leather was on, and it quite open, it was already quite bleached but its covering back up, so maybe I could try a few easy LPS corals? Or could I get another softie and try to wait another week or two just to be safe?

1 minute ago, Daniel91 said:

Yes, plenty of hardy lps out there.

Just light acclimate then probably and with your parameters in check, then I can’t see why it would not love your system.

Alright, Ill probably go check out the store, any other opinions?

Theres plenty of lps that will do fine.

Like advised by Daniel, acclimate them properly. Start them out low in the tank and slowly raise them.

Do you have any particular in mind? 

Once you get into lps, it's important to test alk, maybe twice a week to start to see if there are any major fluctuations.