inTank Media Baskets

New nano tank. Opinions on my aquascape

Justin26

Thank you, I would like to Start out with a couple clowns but really would like a nice reef set up with corals eventually. I'm still in the cycle process right now though. And have a ton of research ahead of me 

• Like 1
8 minutes ago, Justin26 said:

Thank you, I would like to Start out with a couple clowns but really would like a nice reef set up with corals eventually. I'm still in the cycle process right now though. And have a ton of research ahead of me 

Feel free to ask any question on the forums. Lots of helpful, experienced members here to guide you and point you in the right direction. Clowns sounds great! How big is your tank?

• Like 1
20 minutes ago, Justin26 said:

I'm new to the saltwater world and just got my new tank set up. Would love some feed back on what you guys think of the aquascape. 

A970678B-3C04-48DE-AD0A-186115833C3E.jpeg

Welcome. 😊. I think it looks great so far. 

9 minutes ago, Justin26 said:

It's a biocube 32. Mostly stock as of right now but plan on upgrading a few things in the near future.

Nice! Don't forget to get a CUC once the cycle is complete, then wait several weeks after the CUC to get any fish. Also, as a precautionary measure to prevent disease introduction into your tank, you might want to consider QTing your fish too before adding them into your DT.

• Like 1
14 minutes ago, Snow_Phoenix said:

Nice! Don't forget to get a CUC once the cycle is complete, then wait several weeks after the CUC to get any fish. Also, as a precautionary measure to prevent disease introduction into your tank, you might want to consider QTing your fish too before adding them into your DT.

Ok thank you! I'll look into a quarantine tank. Hopefully the cycle process goes good i got all live cured rock right from another established tank.  But I'll be patient before adding any fish 

• Like 1
2 hours ago, Justin26 said:

Ok thank you! I'll look into a quarantine tank. Hopefully the cycle process goes good i got all live cured rock right from another established tank.  But I'll be patient before adding any fish 

Tank looks great. The aquascape is really nice.

If its cured rock from an established tank, you shouldn't see a cycle. A possible small spike from transporting rocks or them getting a bit dry.

24 minutes ago, Clown79 said:

Tank looks great. The aquascape is really nice.

If its cured rock from an established tank, you shouldn't see a cycle. A possible small spike from transporting rocks or them getting a bit dry.

Awesome thank you! They were out of water for possibly 10 to 15 minutes so hopefully I didn't have too much die off. I'll keep an eye on my parameters 

20 minutes ago, Justin26 said:

Awesome thank you! They were out of water for possibly 10 to 15 minutes so hopefully I didn't have too much die off. I'll keep an eye on my parameters 

You shouldn't see much. Rocks take a lot longer than that to dry.

Definitely test for a week to ensure there is no spike. It's always better safe than sorry.