inTank Media Baskets

Powerhead placement in 35 cube

paulsz

I've got a 35 gallon cube (20" each side) and cannot seem to figure out where/how to position my powerhead (Jebao SW-4). I currently have it two thirds of the way up, in the center of that glass panel, and pointing straight. It is rated for 130-1050 gph and has 8 power levels. Correct if i'm wrong (because i could not find any info online), but does that mean the first level would be 130 gph, the last 1050 gph, and anything in between can be calculated as it is a linear relationship? If that's the case, i have it at 130 gph (first level), on Else mode, and it it blowing corals around like crazy. My pulsing xenia no longer pulse and have gotten much thinner as they now sway back and forth instead of staying put (had them in a dead spot before). It got to the point where my torch got irritated and came off it's skeleton and ended up dying a few days later. 

Other than the SW4, i only have my return pump, which is at about 200 gph (5x turnover). 

Anyone have a similar powerhead on a biocube 32? the BC32 has similar dimensions

The lowest number say 1 is the lowest gph.

Else mode is very strong, I could not run else mode on the lowest setting in my tank, it destroyed 2 torches.

Also depending on how the powerhead is combining with the return flow can change the complete flow in tank.

Xenia don't pulse in high flow. Pulsing is known to be for oxygenation so low flow is when they pulse.

Try putting sw4 on one of the wave modes and adjust the timing of the pulse/wave length(round dial)

wave mode is more gentle than else mode.

• Thanks 1
5 minutes ago, paulsz said:

Sounds good, thanks! I'll switch it up this weekend 

You're welcome.

It justs takes fine tuning to get the mode, gph, and pulse time just right.