ReefCleaners.org

Hi everyone!

Salty_Chef86

Hi! It is looking good! Did you secure that arch somehow? I have something similar in mine, but it always makes me nervous that it is precarious and could collapse. Any tips on making it secure?

Good luck! Any stocking plans?

On 2/22/2019 at 6:46 PM, leighla said:

Hi! It is looking good! Did you secure that arch somehow? I have something similar in mine, but it always makes me nervous that it is precarious and could collapse. Any tips on making it secure?

Good luck! Any stocking plans?

The only rocks glued are circled in the pic below. It does make me nervous from time to time, but I have bumped the live piece pretty good from every angle and there is a point of contact at any angle it could fall from. It wobbles a bit, but it would take a pretty good shove to have it come off. I still keep an eye... lol

Current stock:

1 firefish

1 emerald crab

~10 blue leg hermits

3 nassarius(sp?) snails

3 cerith

2 trochus

1 turbo

I think I am going to add either a peppermint shrimp, or a couple sexy shrimp, a clown or 2 and MAYBE one more little guy fish to swim in the mid/ top of the water column. Then to save up for some decent lights so I can get some corals going!

20190227_195925.jpg

So I bought a new filter today. Upgrading from the HOB that came with the 10g(top fin rated at 60gph) to a topfin 75 rated at 300gph. My powerhead pushes 500gph, which would total to 800gph... I am assuming that is WAY too much flow for a 20g tall. My powerhead can convert into a circulation pump that pushes 140gph, so should it drop it down to that, or see what everything looks after I get the filter on and judge it from there?

Also, I was at the LFS today and saw that they are selling a 36" Current USA Orbit with a Loop controller for $199. Is this a good deal? I'm still learning about lighting. I dont have a huge budget, but I want to get quality lights with the ability to control with more than just a timer. Granted 36" is too big for my tank, but if I could get them to get a 24" in, I'm assuming it would cost less. Looking up just the controller, i saw prices anywhere between $60 and $100, so it seemed like a good package deal.. thanks for the help!

https://www.amazon.com/HIPARGERO-LED-Aquarium-Light-Saltwater/dp/B0727V8C5Q/ref=sr_1_6?keywords=coral+light&qid=1551369276&s=gateway&sr=8-6

https://www.amazon.com/Aquarium-Asta-20-Multi-Color-Programmable/dp/B071LJC8HL/ref=sr_1_9?keywords=coral+light&qid=1551369302&s=gateway&sr=8-9

I am on a budget with my tank as well so I have researched a lot of cheaper lights. I recently purchased the first link and i can say its bright as heck and the colors are really nice. The controls are awful but you can control the whites and the blues decent enough with the manual controls. The second light was my second choice which was my first for a while. Only reason I went with the first was the color in a lot of customer reviews was more appealing to me. Obviously going with these off brands has its risks, so i'm not sure you wanted to go that route. It is hard to beat the price though. I do regularly see ai primes on facebook marketplace in the 100-150 range.