Coral Vue Hydros

BTA tank move

steviep

My BTA is a 2 years old and it had out grown my nano tank so I've setup a new bigger nano aqua one 90, yesterday I removed it from the rock it was on using a power head and a card, it took 2 plus hours but while doing this there was a small bit that I couldn't get off so I left it for a while, when I returned it had detached but had left a small bit of it on the rock. I was horrified but moved it to the new tank leaving the old rock and the part bta in the old tank, today both are doing well the small bit on the rock is really looking good. My question is will it develop a mouth? Or will it die off over time ?

Thanks 

20190124_175925.jpg

27 minutes ago, steviep said:

But it didn't split in half it's one large and one very small piece 

I understand that. The small one can form a mouth on its own and recover, although it's not a big chance it will.

• Thanks 1
  • 3 weeks later...

I have heard that an anemone could pass through a screen and reconstitute itself on the other side.....never tried that, but if it's true, then you can relax about this!  :-)