ReefCleaners.org

Fish For 10g?

wuzzo

Hi!  I am setting up a 10g soon and wanted to ask if anybody knew a cool, not super expensive fish I can keep in there.  It will probably be a reef dedicated mostly to RFAs.  If anybody has maybe a stocking list for fish and inverts for this tank it would help because I can't decide.

I'd stick with 2 fish.

The obvious is a small clown due to the fact they're always out swimming around. I'd also consider a Tail Spot Blenny.  Tons of personality and are relatively smaller than other Blennys.  If you want to splurge get a Yasha Goby with a pistol shrimp to pair.  Last on my list is royal gramma.  Super cool looking fish but tends to hide a lot.

I have 1 clown in my 10g.

I had 2 but the female was terrorizing the Male and shrimp...looked like 1 fish in the tank due to her. She was rehomed.

I then added a tsb. It couldn't compete with the  clown for food and my tanks have very little algae, it got very skinny. It did not make it.

Definitely get fish that don't have special diets/requirements and that can compete with each others appetites.

• 4 weeks later...
starkschicken
On 1/23/2019 at 10:01 AM, pikemartin said:

I'd stick with 2 fish.

The obvious is a small clown due to the fact they're always out swimming around. I'd also consider a Tail Spot Blenny.  Tons of personality and are relatively smaller than other Blennys.  If you want to splurge get a Yasha Goby with a pistol shrimp to pair.  Last on my list is royal gramma.  Super cool looking fish but tends to hide a lot.

tail spot is an awesome fish.  really excellent personality once they get used to you.  

scooter blennies are very personable, have interesting behavioral patterns, and will interact with you.  they seem to love attention.

a juvenile coris wrasse are also great.  smart and beautiful fish.  but it will get too big after a couple years.

i would also recommend getting a conch.  he is probably my favorite creature in the tank.  i'll throw an algae disc in there and he and all his invert buddies will have a party.  so fun to watch this guy.

conch.jpg