Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

2 flaming prawn gobies in nuvo 10?

ThatNewGuyReefing

ThatNewGuyReefing

I'm looking at getting a pair of fish for my nuvo 10 (in the next few months). And I was wondering if I could throw in 2 flaming prawn gobies with a pistol shrimp or doing a flaming prawn/pistol combo with a helfrichi firefish.  Any thoughts on this? 

Unless they are a mated pair it's a bad idea.  The Flaming Prawn and Pistol with a Helfrichi would be a much better choice, although IMHO spending that much on a Firefish is kind of silly.  I would go with a Purple or Exquisite and call it good. 

8 hours ago, richnyc said:

wow they are beautiful.  where the heck do you buy them

Warning...they are super tiny..like SUPER tiny and crypic. My LFS has them a lot.

• Like 1
11 hours ago, Tamberav said:

Warning...they are super tiny..like SUPER tiny and crypic. My LFS has them a lot.

This. I got mine at a steal for 20 bucks.  Still wouldnt reccomend. You dont see them enough to warrant any sort of money on a fish that you will see once every 3 or 4 months. 

On 1/21/2019 at 12:30 PM, ThatNewGuyReefing said:

I'm looking at getting a pair of fish for my nuvo 10 (in the next few months). And I was wondering if I could throw in 2 flaming prawn gobies with a pistol shrimp or doing a flaming prawn/pistol combo with a helfrichi firefish.  Any thoughts on this? 

After some more thought if you want a fish that is more visible a Yellow Clown Goby would be a much better choice for the money.  If you want something more unique a Pink Streaked Wrasse could work.