?

Megalomaniac

can u turn a hob filter into a fuge?

Dr.Bones

I did,works like its suppose to

Megalomaniac

thanks but how would i?

Dr.Bones

I mistakenly bought a Skilter when I first set up my Nano.It was a blessing in disguise,the Skilter makes a great HOB fuge( remove the guts).I bought a combo package of Caulerpa,Chaetomorpha,live sand with pods,etc. from a fellow selling it in the classifieds here.Aquired a handful of live rock rubble from my local fish store.Put it all in and added a clip on light.It has worked just great for 5 months now.Prior to that,I spent time(and still do) looking for a HOB fuge.I have severe space limitations and I have not found anything except http://www.marinedepot.com/a_mi_cpr_af.asp?ast=&key=

EtOH_is_good

if you look in the diy section, many people have converted aquaclear 500 or 300 into fuges. basically put a divider into the hob add sand, lr and macro algae. how hard can that be? can start by looking at the thread tagged in my sig.

Megalomaniac

yeah i saw that, i think my filter is just a little too small i may just make a fuge.

Megalomaniac

well i found an ac150 at a friends and made it into a small fuge its not done yet i still need algae and a small light but here are some pics.

nalbar

needs more rock, fill that sucka up!

nalbar