Cultivated Reef

World Wide Corals - What do you get?

406nano

Hello nano-reef crew! I was hoping to get some input from those who have ordered frag packs from WWC. Most of them seem to be fairly reasonable as far as price goes. I get that the more you spend, the better the corals will looks(in theroy), but wanted to get an idea of what I should expect. Pictures can be deceiving sometimes I have found. I am looking at some of the beginner packs to start with, then working my way up as my tank matures. 

Living in Montana, I am very limited on places to buy reef livestock. Any input is greatly appreciated. 

• Like 1

Bumping this up to see if anyone has input. I am try to nail down a supplier to stock my tank in the new few weeks. How did you 'remote' reefers go about obtaining live stock? I have searched around on Facebook  and Craigslist for local reef keepers and clubs without success so far. Anymendations are greatly appreciated.

michaelbarfield

I live in Tampa and drive to Orlando to visit the store. It's amazing and you will not be disappointed in any of the colors or health of their corals. Also mostly all grown under leds.

On 1/19/2019 at 11:04 AM, michaelbarfield said:

I live in Tampa and drive to Orlando to visit the store. It's amazing and you will not be disappointed in any of the colors or health of their corals. Also mostly all grown under leds.

Hey Michael. Thanks for the feedback. Their website is pretty spectacular. I will go ahead and purchase a frag pack based on what you said. I wasn't sure if the culls got tossed in the packs since they seem relatively affordable. I might have to check out the coral club once my tank is well established. Seems like a pretty sweet deal compared to other vendors.

For those of you who are interested in what you might get in a frag pack from them, I will be sure to post what ends up at my front door.

Thanks again!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I did a 3 month coral club with them and have gotten 2 shipments so far.  Their packaging is excellent.  Corals came individually wrapped in a large styrofoam box with heating pad.  A card labeling each coral was also provided along with detailed acclimation instructions. I asked for zoanthids, soft corals and LPS.  Here is what they sent for the first shipment:

73825257_wwcshipment1a.thumb.jpg.c8038fa39d50bb05ef5f4caf0b042cac.jpg

• Like 1
  • 1 month later...
JulieReefer
On 1/16/2019 at 8:24 AM, 406nano said:

Hello nano-reef crew! I was hoping to get some input from those who have ordered frag packs from WWC. Most of them seem to be fairly reasonable as far as price goes. I get that the more you spend, the better the corals will looks(in theroy), but wanted to get an idea of what I should expect. Pictures can be deceiving sometimes I have found. I am looking at some of the beginner packs to start with, then working my way up as my tank matures. 

Living in Montana, I am very limited on places to buy reef livestock. Any input is greatly appreciated. 

I hear ya. I’m in SW Montana and it’s tough to get your aquarium stocked. I’m cycling my first tank so I’ll be in your shoes soon! I think Bozeman has an aquarium Facebook group with some SW enthusiasts, FYI. Reefmissoula is a helpful store, if you’re at all near Missoula.