TechLobster

LPS or softy ID

Hi all,

I was at the LFS the other night and this frag caught my eye. I asked and no one at the shop could remember what it was called. I know it is not anything exceptionally rare, just can't seem to pick out what it is exactly. My best guesses are Galaxea or Leptastrea, though I am probably wrong. I'd like to get a more concrete ID so I know about lighting conditions / placement. It acts like a softy, getting pretty fluffy (this pic was taken immediately after a water change so it was a bit pissed off being disturbed).

Thanks for any ideas.

IMG_20190110_075741.jpg

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, TechLobster said:

Hi all,

I was at the LFS the other night and this frag caught my eye. I asked and no one at the shop could remember what it was called. I know it is not anything exceptionally rare, just can't seem to pick out what it is exactly. My best guesses are Galaxea or Leptastrea, though I am probably wrong. I'd like to get a more concrete ID so I know about lighting conditions / placement. It acts like a softy, getting pretty fluffy (this pic was taken immediately after a water change so it was a bit pissed off being disturbed).

Thanks for any ideas.

IMG_20190110_075741.jpg

Hydnophora.  Very aggressive. 

Dive in and share your thoughts!

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recommended Discussions