inTank Media Baskets

Navigating the forum help

Lind715

Hello!

I thought this area would be the better place to ask. I haven't used too many forums and I've tried a search but I'm not sure if I'm using the correct keywords. 

I want to make sure that the tank I'm building is done ethically and sustainably. After happening upon a site for corals that have been completely tank raised, it gave me an idea to start searching for people here or online that offer tank raised fish and corals who have a really good reputation for healthy and pest-free fish, corals, and/or inverts (or at least relatively. It's a tall order to be 100%). I'm still cycling my tank so have plenty of time to look. 

I'd really like to find people who maybe specialize in certain types of fish or corals. I'm completely new to saltwater tanks so I'm sticking to the more forgiving species of all.

If you have any leads or can point me in the correct direction in the forum or search, I'd greatly appreciate it!

Thank you 😊

If I were you I'd join a local reef club or organization. I live in Atlanta, Georgia and we have a great reef club and they have frag swaps and a forum+facebook where you can buy sell and trade fish and corals. I just joined and it's great. If you can find one near you, you should join. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
1 hour ago, Lind715 said:

Hello!

I thought this area would be the better place to ask. I haven't used too many forums and I've tried a search but I'm not sure if I'm using the correct keywords. 

I want to make sure that the tank I'm building is done ethically and sustainably. After happening upon a site for corals that have been completely tank raised, it gave me an idea to start searching for people here or online that offer tank raised fish and corals who have a really good reputation for healthy and pest-free fish, corals, and/or inverts (or at least relatively. It's a tall order to be 100%). I'm still cycling my tank so have plenty of time to look. 

I'd really like to find people who maybe specialize in certain types of fish or corals. I'm completely new to saltwater tanks so I'm sticking to the more forgiving species of all.

If you have any leads or can point me in the correct direction in the forum or search, I'd greatly appreciate it!

Thank you 😊

Most online stores that sell livestock will have a separate section for tank raised animals.  

Try Live Aquaria or Blue Zoo Aquatics. You can also check under the Sponsor section here for other vendors.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1