inTank Media Baskets

BABY HIPPO TANG WITH ICH TREATED WITH HYPO BUT NOW WONT EAT. WHAT DO I DO?

Oklahoma reef

Drewslagoon
On 1/9/2019 at 9:26 PM, Tamberav said:

I like TTM for ich. Takes like 14 days.

Drew also has a starfish who's life will be shortened. 

Famous just means ya corals go pop. We are talking about fish. Anyone can buy a sailfin for their 20g.  

The fromia has been alive for more than a year now.  probably from how old the system is... ive noticed they def do not last in small systems.

yes having the tang in the system is rough, also not a good example to those who are wishing to own one in a nano i agree lol.

i initially had planned to remove the baby hippo tang after 9 months... that turned into a yr 1/2 😮 😣 my new system will be its new home here next month, then off to my 130g. 

for sure though i think you've gotta at least  have a plan made up for those types of fish. 

20 minutes ago, Drewslagoon said:

The fromia has been alive for more than a year now.  probably from how old the system is... ive noticed they def do not last in small systems.

yes having the tang in the system is rough, also not a good example to those who are wishing to own one in a nano i agree lol.

i initially had planned to remove the baby hippo tang after 9 months... that turned into a yr 1/2 😮 😣 my new system will be its new home here next month, then off to my 130g. 

for sure though i think you've gotta at least  have a plan made up for those types of fish. 

Welcome to nano-reef!

The OP brought up your tank as an example... using it as why it is okay?? to put Tangs in a 25g. I simply disagree, I think some people (more-so beginners who's pocket books have not been burned up yet with mistakes) are simply looking for confirmation to do something.... even if 9/10 times that something is wrong. Most beginners also don't fallow through with large tank upgrades. 

Happens when some people ask questions in threads, ignore any advise they don't agree with and wait for the one person who agree with them... so they can use that as some sort of confirmation in their mind that what they are doing is okay. 

I did use your video to pick out my skimmer 👍 

Drewslagoon
25 minutes ago, Tamberav said:

Welcome to nano-reef!

The OP brought up your tank as an example... using it as why it is okay?? to put Tangs in a 25g. I simply disagree, I think some people (more-so beginners who's pocket books have not been burned up yet with mistakes) are simply looking for confirmation to do something.... even if 9/10 times that something is wrong. Most beginners also don't fallow through with large tank upgrades. 

Happens when some people ask questions in threads, ignore any advise they don't agree with and wait for the one person who agree with them... so they can use that as some sort of confirmation in their mind that what they are doing is okay. 

I did use your video to pick out my skimmer 👍 

know what, you're exactly right on that one.

I agree w/you 100% on that,  I am not a good excuse to use for tangs being okay in nano systems.

I kick myself in the butt every time i get a DM asking me if its okay... I actually have this long disclaimer copy paste message i send out to everyone that asks lol!

id be lying to you if i told you i didn't kill a baby tang in an older nano system years back.

its just an ich magnet waiting to explode...honestly a selfish gamble (even if its only for a year in a 25g) ... you have to feed that fish so often to keep it happy, not to mention have no other fish when first introduced.  they stress out so easily with any fish being territorial, as you know.

I believe that the guidelines for fish are meant for the long term so that is why they are there, but people like me kina ruin that 😖

im actually going to use this conversation as a topic for a future video. 

i think i need to explain how chancy it really is.

I appreciate that! glad that video could be of some help to you, the skimmer has been working pretty well or me.

I have yet to clean the nuvo dc skimmer & its still functioning! xD

25 minutes ago, Tamberav said:

• Like 1