SaltCritters.com

Round 2 C vue 18 gallon aio

Obi Juan kenobi

Obi Juan kenobi

After exiting the reefing scene with a 120g mixed reef some 5 years ago the bug has taken hold again. It doesn't help that I have a very nice LFS a block from my job lol So I went ahead and purchased a Cobalt C vue 18G with the blessing of my better half, she knows how it goes with tanks lol I wanted to shoot for the best stuff I could get right off the bat and not make the same mistakes I made last time with endless upgrades. I went with an AI prime HD for the light and a MP10 QD for flow and stick regimen pump. Smart ATO micro will take care of the evap for me. Black sand and about 18lbs of dead and dried live rock. I cured the rock in a bleach mixture for about a two weeks and it's been in my tank cycling for the last two weeks. I have way more patience this go round as I know exactly what I'm getting into. Things rank will be a mixed reef with a few sps. Happy to be back in the game and can't wait to see what time brings. 

20181214_180959.jpg

20181214_181005.jpg

20181231_075400.jpg

20181231_075453.jpg

FB_IMG_1518566561818.jpg

• Like 2

Please keep up with updates. I also bought same tank during holiday sale, I didn't set it up yet. I just hope won't leak. I'm debating to order kpaquatics LR 10 lbs, hitchhikers make me nervous.

What heater do you use?

Obi Juan kenobi
4 hours ago, ramona said:

Please keep up with updates. I also bought same tank during holiday sale, I didn't set it up yet. I just hope won't leak. I'm debating to order kpaquatics LR 10 lbs, hitchhikers make me nervous.

What heater do you use?

I will post updates as soon as I have some.  I went with 20 lbs of dead LR that my buddy had. Chief it in bleach for 2 weeks before it went into the tank. I'm running the Cobalt neo therm 75w. I found the best reviews for that heater with the smallest variants in temp. 

I'm getting the itch after 3-4 years too, Been moving a lot, had my eye on this beauty of a tank....except for me it will be the largest I've ever done hahaha , please post as much info on this journey as possible as Im about a month and a half away from pulling the trigger!  This Tank Looks amazing for the price.

Do you plan on Getting a media basket?

Cheers and Good Luck!

• 2 weeks later...
Obi Juan kenobi
On 1/9/2019 at 12:27 PM, ZeroEvoX said:

I'm getting the itch after 3-4 years too, Been moving a lot, had my eye on this beauty of a tank....except for me it will be the largest I've ever done hahaha , please post as much info on this journey as possible as Im about a month and a half away from pulling the trigger!  This Tank Looks amazing for the price.

Do you plan on Getting a media basket?

Cheers and Good Luck!

No media basket in the works, plan on keeping the fish load very minimal and weekly water changes. Thank you for the compliments and hope to see your tank up and running soon. 

• 1 year later...