Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

preview...the babies

deezreef

I have a couple of questions which will help me and maybe even you. After seeing a recent thread on rc that said how fish could be good be good for corals. How many fish did you have in your 10g and what were they. Also what and how much did you feed them?

yrureefing...i have 7 fish in the 20 and i had 3 in the 10. i think the food i use had some impact on the overall health of the tank. i feed all my tanks flake exclusively. whenever i would feed soft meaty foods i would notice a big cyano outbreak. not fun dealing with. the flake i used has a mixture of alga and brine. not too high tech. thanks again printer, i'll be posting pics soon. i can't seem to get my camera to bring out the colors...gotta check that white balance...

I think that is why your tank was so successful with minimal lighting. 3 fish is alot for a 10. Maybe people should think about that when there sps don't grow or color up that well. What fish were they?

pics will be on the street soon. i just gotta get the good pics. to be honest i don't think this tank looks as good as the ten did. the colors on the 20 are amazing though. i just added a 55w smartlamp along with the 150 10k hqi. i exchanged the bulb for a 71k. it looks way better than the two 28w 71k, just what i was looking for. yrureefing i had 2 ocellaris and a randall's goby with his partner pistal.

Do those randalls gobies fight? really a nice looking picture just set it as my back ground. are those OSI flakes? I hope they are as I have a 2.5 pound bucket of the marine flakes brand spanken new that I got for free =) What where the 3 fish in the 10g? HOw did you find teh right pistol shrimp to go with the goby?

Sorry for the long list of Q's

Danny

greenstar they are the omega one flakes. they never really fought but in the beginning they never really hung out like they do now. i think they will go with just about any pistol shrimp. i had the smaller one with a really colorful red and white striped one before putting him in the 20. if you want the hi-res version of the pic i'll send it to you, just give me your e-mail.

Archived