SaltCritters.com

RBTA Anemone Nuvo 10

Kraken14

Hey everyone. I'm relatively new to the saltwater world, but I've been in the aquarium hobby since about 2008. About a year ago, I started up a 20 gallon reef, and I decided that I want to start another tank. I found a good deal on a Nuvo 10 and started it up in August. It's finally getting to a point where I feel that it is presentable, other than the slight hair algae problem lol

Current Inhabitants 

Fish

Frostbite clownfish pair

Inverts

Several RBTA

1x Blood shrimp

1x fighting conch

Corals - soon to be moved to the 20

Xenia

Acans

Current Equipment

Stock Return Pump

Ecotech MP10wqd

AI Prime HD

Biocube Protein Skimmer

Still trying to figure out the best settings on my prime for the best color and growth. I can't quite get it to look as nice as my radion I have over my 20, and the growth is not as noticeable. Does anyone have suggestions as to what settings I should use? 

IMG_0001.jpeg

IMG_0002.jpg

• Like 4
Christopher Marks

Welcome to the community @Kraken14! 👋 

That's a beautiful bubble tip anemone, I'm impressed it settled at the top like that, how cool! Thanks for sharing your nano reef with us, I'm looking forward to seeing it progress, you've come a long ways already. Keep up the good work!

• Like 1

Thanks for the welcome! I’ve been having a fun time watching the tank evolve from just rocks and sand to what it is now. After three months, my clowns finally discovered they can hide in the anemone, which is super fun to watch! I do have a question though. Based on what I’ve read and what I’ve been told by local hobbyists, BTA typically split frequently. I have had these two for months and they haven’t split. Is that normal? One is about five inches across not including the tentacles and the other one is about 2 inches across. I feed them both once a week, and they get a couple small chunks of a silverside at each feeding. They are healthy otherwise, but they haven’t split.