inTank Media Baskets

Fish for my 10G aga

StephG

Hi all,

I'm in the process of starting up a 10G aga. I was wondering if once the tank is fully cycled and ready for fish would it be possible to have

2 X Green Chromis

1 X small gobie

or

3 X Green Chromis.

I will not be using a skimmer but will be doing weekly 10 % water changes.

Thanks,

StephG

I dont see anything wrong with it...

The chromis look great together whe they school and 3 might be ok bu 4 to 6 is better. In a 10 gallon 4 to 6 is a no no. They like to swim. I would go with your first option to mix it up a little.

Do you think that if I put only 2 in there that they would still swim together ? Or are you saying they will only school in packs of 6?

Thanks for the info btw

StephG

Originally posted by StephG

Do you think that if I put only 2 in there that they would still swim together ? Or are you saying they will only school in packs of 6?

Thanks for the info btw

StephG

THey will hang out together..... It wont look like a school. Only thing that looks like a school in a 10 gallon tank is neon tetras :)

4 to 6 chromes look great in 40 gallon and on up tanks.

Chromis are shoaling fish and do not do well unless in a group. The smallest I have seen recommended is 5 and some vendors will only sell 10 at a time. Company is very important to them.

Alright I won't get them if they need to be in groups. I was hoping 3 would be enough of a school for them but if not I won't get them. Too bad they really look nice though :(

ApocalypticSurf6

dont yell at this for me but I have one green in my ten and he pairs up with the false perc, well the perc trys to chase him but the chromis follows him around, very fun to watch and the chromis seems to be extremly happy

Archived