SaltCritters.com

Star Polyps?

JUMBO

I have been looking for a new addition to my tank and I have found it, but I need to find out what its needs are before I find and buy one, and add it to my tank.

My new addition desire is to get some kind of Star Polyp for my tank.

I know all people have different opinions about caring for these polyps, but I have no Idea, so any opinion is a helpful one for me.

I just need to know what star polyps eat, what kind of lighting and in general how easy they are to care for. also the easiest type to care for(green star,ect.)

Thank you dave, this helps alot and gives me new ideas for corals!

I was alos wondering if anyone has Star polyps in their tank and their take on if they like them or not?

I have two different star polyps in my tank. One group is doing very well (but not exactly thriving), while the other group had a "hanging in there" look that seems to be getting better each day.

I like the unique color/shape of these corals, and am happy with them. Mine are placed high in the tank and near a powerhead. I think this is the optimum conditions for these, although I have heard some sources say they are more tolerant of lower light and water flow.

star polyps are great beginners corals. they will take a while to adjust to a tank, but within 1 week they should be out and flowing with the current. they're a truly a beautiful site to behold when you have a large colony swaying in the water :)

Archived