Pod Your Reef

Leather Id?

Oldsalt01

Bought this leather at my local LFS last year, but they weren’t sure what it is. They didn’t think it was Devil’s Hand, maybe Devil’s Fingers. It was about 1/2 this size a year ago, and replaced a Toadstool that was taking over my 14gBC. I’m just curious as to the true ID and after much research haven’t narrowed it down. Anyone have recommendation as to how to frag it: down the middle, wack an arm off, some other way? The base is huge, but again, it’s starting to take over too. Don’t want to get rid of it completely, as my Citron Goby would never forgive me.

6E0090AA-6015-4A27-9149-4B462C421004.jpeg

• Like 1

Lookin like a green finger leather. You just cut a branch off to frag it. After fraggging you should do a WC or run some carbon because leathers usually release chemicals that can irritate other corals in the tank.

Thanks. I think you are correct on ID. I always run carbon, change it out every 2 weeks, and religiously change 20% water per week. I learned that leathers can irritate corals from the Toadstool, and I'm wondering if this monster is having a negative effect on my zoas. They all seem to be slowly fading away. Either that or my 7 year old Hydra 26 is finally crapping the bed.

• Like 1