SaltCritters.com

Porcelain crab irritating rock anenome.

dilnepenthes

Hi guys, today I just picked up a rock anemone from the LFS and right after acclimating it i noticed a sweet little hitchhiker, a porcelain crab. Anyway as I go to place the nem on a rock the crab abandoned it and bolted to a corner of the tank, after about 2 hours the nem is fully open and the crab was still in the same spot so I decided to place him on the nem, since I did the nem began curling and stretching it's column as if the crab is stressing  it. Should i remove the crab so the nem could get used to my tank without stress? Or should I just let it be?

Thanks

1118182059.jpg

1118182058.jpg

Just leave it be.  They will get used to each other or the crab will find a better spot.  Mine porcelain crabs don't even care about coral or nems. They just want to be in the areas of most flow.  My larger one sits literally right in front of my powerhead, taking it all full force to the face lol.

You can move him if you are really concerned but I bet the nem will adjust and start giving zero ####s about the crab.

• Thanks 1

Yes just leave it be for now. 

My nems don’t mind my crab as he mostly just sits on them or sleeps under them. 

I do know they can sometimes annoy the nems. You’ll just have watch and see how things go. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Lol, I was so concerned for my little nem but I did just leave crab and now the nem is fully open and eating chunks of scallops☺. Sadly he moved behind a rock and I can only see a few tentacles, and can only get the whole view from the reflection in the glass😞. But the nem knows best.

Thanks guys:)

DSFIRSTSLTWATER

My porcelin crab hops between two of mine...sometimes he'll travel across the tank to the one on the other side of the tank. They are really cool and they don't really bother them much.

• Thanks 1