Top Shelf Aquatics

New to saltwater, trying to get familiar with my tank

cocodriz

Hey all, 

I’m hoping you guys can help me out with some ID. I just got this live rock yesterday so my tank is still slowly revealing itself to me. I had a couple questions on these specific pictures. I circled the area in question for ease. This first picture I’d like to know what this little guy is/does ontop of my live rock.

The second picture is the “hairy” white scruff under my rock

The third pic is just some eggs or bulbs out in the open I’m a little curious about

and the 4th & 5th pic is a large something that looks attached to the rock. At first it looked like montipora but again thats just a guess and I have no clue. Any help is greatly appreciated!

B56F401F-60FA-4AF3-AAC7-BA3DC82DA984.jpeg

8C257C5D-F470-4885-9976-6080333F9BA4.jpeg

B64BCA24-27BF-405A-8C66-8FABC11C6FAD.jpeg

73AC5225-65B0-4B0C-9E97-A451CFBC1809.jpeg

05F2E026-9DB6-4535-8A0F-65406161FF5A.jpeg

First picture is just a dead skeletal structure.  

Second and third picture looks to be sponges and the last ones look to be just a thin sheet of rock that was most likely broken off recently and is just exposing the clean white edge that hasn't had algae grow over it yet. 

43 minutes ago, patback said:

First picture is just a dead skeletal structure.  

Second and third picture looks to be sponges and the last ones look to be just a thin sheet of rock that was most likely broken off recently and is just exposing the clean white edge that hasn't had algae grow over it yet. 

Cool, thanks! Are the sponges okay to leave in there? I’ve got a bunch more of the white sponges now that I’m thoroughly looking through my tank.

23 minutes ago, Clown79 said:

Most of the pics are of dead coral skeleton, the others look like sponges

Thanks for the ID, I kind of figured they were dead but wanted a more experienced opinion.

15 minutes ago, Joevember said:

Third is bubble algae. Get rid of it outside the tank asap.

Got any tips on removal? I see a few spores here and there around my tank, most of them look dead although the one in the picture is the most healthy looking one.