Top Shelf Aquatics

Let’s see some hungry corals

NanoRox

On 11/11/2018 at 8:07 PM, NanoRox said:

Same here 

Reef roids would be a good option to feed mushrooms.

Aquaforest has a food for soft corals too.

My rfa eating(not a coral but it was cool to watch😁)

And my hungry acans.

Ricoo-Food.png

20181116_013620.jpg

20180914_165554.jpg

53 minutes ago, NanoRox said:

What?  It ate a hermit crab????  

Not only did it eat the hermit, but it spit out the shell 4 or 5 days later totally unharmed (edit: the coral that is, hermit was feasted upon). I was spot feeding my corals in the dark and one of my greedy blue legs fell of a monti above it and tumbled right onto the bowerbankii. I thought it'd just crawl off, but the next morning I saw it swallowing it. It got the entire shell inside and it stayed like that for a few days than expelled it. No harm done to the coral, hermit gone.

That was 4 and a half years ago and the coral is still alive, much bigger, more colorful, and thriving so no long term damage!

5 hours ago, jservedio said:

Not only did it eat the hermit, but it spit out the shell 4 or 5 days later totally unharmed (edit: the coral that is, hermit was feasted upon). I was spot feeding my corals in the dark and one of my greedy blue legs fell of a monti above it and tumbled right onto the bowerbankii. I thought it'd just crawl off, but the next morning I saw it swallowing it. It got the entire shell inside and it stayed like that for a few days than expelled it. No harm done to the coral, hermit gone.

That was 4 and a half years ago and the coral is still alive, much bigger, more colorful, and thriving so no long term damage!

That is very cool.  What a way to go though.  🙂

4 hours ago, BlennyBoi said:

oh no!! what kind of coral is that?

It's a homophyllia bowerbanki. Not super common, but definitely the most aggressive eater in the tank. Got a clown goby too, but I didn't get a picture of it since it was dark and fast.

Here's what it looks like hungry - it is taken with a flash in the dark so it's not great quality

20181118_013231~2.jpg

15 hours ago, jservedio said:

It's a homophyllia bowerbanki. Not super common, but definitely the most aggressive eater in the tank. Got a clown goby too, but I didn't get a picture of it since it was dark and fast.

Here's what it looks like hungry - it is taken with a flash in the dark so it's not great quality

20181118_013231~2.jpg

oh god, i wont be getting that! i like my fish and inverts thankyouverymuch mr coral

NuisanceAlgaeCultivator

My Duncan is always hungry it seems. It started with just one head less than a year ago, now the smallest head of five is as bigger than that very first Polyp!

1E672220-1612-46C0-A12C-EE9E7093D543.jpeg

CCD75B0A-F7B8-464C-B110-838F62EDA316.jpeg