Cultivated Reef

Rock flower or Maxi mini carpet anenome?

dilnepenthes

Hi guys, my cousin is thinking about adding either a rock flower anenome or a maxi mini carpet anenome to his 1 year old 20 gallon, but before he does he wants to know which one is hardiest. Both species are considered easy but we can't find much info or vids on care for the maxi, so I'd like to know from those who've owned these guys their thoughts on the best chose. His tank is inverts only which has featherdusters, certith snails,and blue legged hermits.

if you dont plan on any corals or other nems, go for the rock flowers. there super pretty but agressive. if you do go for corals/nems, mini maxis, as theyre less agressive. make sure there arent any overhangs in your scape that it might wander under (yes they can move) and die due to lack of light. also be wary of powerheads. otherwise, both are awesome and the easiest nems out there. also rock flowers are super cheap on liveaquaria, like $10 a pop. and, only gey a couple, less than you want in the end, because they will asexually reproduce. make sure to feed them, like small mysis, or frozen plankton, once or twice a week. never heard of ayone feeding them reef roids, but it might be worth a try. you might lose a couple hermits to either rock flowers or mini maxis. even heard of a guy who lost a watchman goby to a mini maxi.

• Thanks 1

Mini maxis are pretty easy, very similar to Ricordea in care (tolerant of low light, like to be fed).

I've not kept rock anemones, but mini maxis are pretty bulletproof 

• Thanks 1

It was hard for us to choose but we decided on the maxi mini, our LFS usually has alot of them instock but hardly any rock flowers and their cheaper:)

Thank u guys so much for your help.