Cultivated Reef

Has anyone ever seen a ricordea that looks like this?

mtgmichaelg

I am trying to see how rare this is. It is very small but the colors are very unique. It has a clear divide between orange and green that goes through the middle which is something that I have never seen before. Just curious if anyone has one like this. Thanks in advance. 

IMG_7493.thumb.JPG.b5ea020cd23d56edf738795e3e9560c8.JPG

That's interesting!

It looks like it's recently been fragged or split? It could be possible the colour will change as it grows up but I hope not. That looks real cool.

8 minutes ago, Frag Factory said:

That's interesting!

It looks like it's recently been fragged or split? It could be possible the colour will change as it grows up but I hope not. That looks real cool.

I have no idea how it was produced, I bought it from an LFS about a month ago and have been watching it grow since. 

I have been reading up on it and this may be the explanation. This article is for a rock flower written up on reef builders, but it may be something related to the idea of a chimera in genetics. 

https://reefbuilders.com/2014/03/03/flower-anemone-showstopper/

• Like 1
6 hours ago, Tamberav said:

Looks like this one kinda? They call it a bicolor raindbow ricordia

bicolor-rainbow-ricordea.jpg

Wow thanks. I couldn't find anything. I am excited for my little ricordea to grow up if its going to look like that.