Top Shelf Aquatics

Rapid LED info

kylexarbor

When I bought my Biocube 29 it was used with a Rapid LED lighting system. It has 12 blue leds all the same color and 12 whites. 4 are more of a yellowish compared to the other 8 more white LED’s. Anyone know the specs on these lights? It seems very bright and it doesn’t have dimmers, so I assume it’s operating at full capacity. 

HookedOnAquariums
17 minutes ago, kylexarbor said:

When I bought my Biocube 29 it was used with a Rapid LED lighting system. It has 12 blue leds all the same color and 12 whites. 4 are more of a yellowish compared to the other 8 more white LED’s. Anyone know the specs on these lights? It seems very bright and it doesn’t have dimmers, so I assume it’s operating at full capacity. 

I assume it runs off of 12 royal blue leds (Main coral growth spectrum), 8 cool white leds (which are just for looks), ad 4 neutral whites (which provide some more growth spectrum)

You could probably grow lps and some easy sps with this lighting setup

1 minute ago, HookedOnAquariums said:

I assume it runs off of 12 royal blue leds (Main coral growth spectrum), 8 cool white leds (which are just for looks), ad 4 neutral whites (which provide some more growth spectrum)

You could probably grow lps and some easy sps with this lighting setup

I currently have a Kenya tree coral, toadstool, zoanthid, xenia, frogspawn, gsp, goniopora and a Pocillopora which all so far seem happy and growing. Just wasn’t sure if this setup was an overall good for everything or had certain limitations. I like the mixed reef aesthetic, but I know even that can have issues with certain coral chemical defenses and all.

HookedOnAquariums

Yeah its a pretty simple setup but you could probably grow most anything other than the most light taxing corals like acros. If you wanted to do some high end acros there are biocube upgrades at steves leds that i really like. Im actually building my light for my 10 gal with supplies from steves.

• 2 weeks later...

Have you gone to their site and browsed their stuff ? It's probably just royal blues and neutral and warm whites. Post some pictures of your light,that would give us a little more of an idea of what you have. 

I have looked on their site and I can’t take a photo at the moment. I get the configuration of the lights with color and all that, but I’m just curious of the actual output and intensity so I can use those numbers for reference. 

Output will depend on the drivers (like 700mah,1000mah,1500mah) which should be labeled on the driver. Then if there is no dimmer its running at 100%,and you'll need a par meter to figure everything else out. 

Depending on whatever drivers they used,you may be able to get manual dimmers for each channel.