Coral Vue Hydros

Brass faucet adaptor

Clown79

Hi Everyone

I needed to get an male adapter for my faucet to attach the adaptor to for my rodi unit.

The only adapter I could find was brass.

It's made by python(gravel vac company)

Is it safe to use this? 

• Like 1

I don’t really know, but hopefully since it’s made by Python it should be good... looking forward to reading other replies, sorry not more helpful. 

I've done a search and some say it's safe because its before the water goes into the rodi system- but I definitely want to hear more opinions from the trusted folks here.

MainelyReefer

As long as your water isn’t high in chloride, or acidic the brass shouldn’t degrade.  And like previously mentioned the little that did would be removed by the RO.  Most likely a decent bit of your water delivery system uses brass components, and if your in a house older than 2015 there is a good chance those brass fittings aren’t even lead free.  It’s usually not an issue because town supplied water shouldn’t be aggressive, people on wells should be more aware than city dwellers but even city water can have elevated chlorides and legally they can supply 6.5ph which is easily acidic enough to degrade piping. Know your water and you’ll get a better answer but I say safe.

6 hours ago, Clown79 said:

Hi Everyone

I needed to get an male adapter for my faucet to attach the adaptor to for my rodi unit.

The only adapter I could find was brass.

It's made by python(gravel vac company)

Is it safe to use this? 

I use a brass fitting to connect mine.  

36 minutes ago, WV Reefer said:

Why not put a T under the sink and feed the RODI from there? Non permanent too... you can have a valve there to turn off the flow when RODI is disconnected (if you can’t keep it there)

NEM2mYq.jpg

• Like 1
2 hours ago, HarryPotter said:

Why not put a T under the sink and feed the RODI from there? Non permanent too... you can have a valve there to turn off the flow when RODI is disconnected (if you can’t keep it there)

NEM2mYq.jpg

I'm in an apartment, not allowed to. I can't even shut off my water.

4 hours ago, GraniteReefer said:

As long as your water isn’t high in chloride, or acidic the brass shouldn’t degrade.  And like previously mentioned the little that did would be removed by the RO.  Most likely a decent bit of your water delivery system uses brass components, and if your in a house older than 2015 there is a good chance those brass fittings aren’t even lead free.  It’s usually not an issue because town supplied water shouldn’t be aggressive, people on wells should be more aware than city dwellers but even city water can have elevated chlorides and legally they can supply 6.5ph which is easily acidic enough to degrade piping. Know your water and you’ll get a better answer but I say safe.

Thanks so much for the detailed explanation. Makes me feel more comfortable about using the adaptor.

I know my water is very hard water, treated with chloramines, chlorine. High tds.

Its river water and part well water.

I will check the water report online again.

My building is definitely older than 2015.

3 hours ago, WV Reefer said:

Awesome. Thank you!

45 minutes ago, Weikel said:

It's fine . I dont know how it is in Canada but in the us a lot of our piping is copper and a lot of valves that are on our homes are brass. 

Exactly the same here. They are slowly replacing most with plastic but a majority is still copper and brass.

Thanks so much guys. Appreciate it.

• Like 1