Coral Vue Hydros

HELP!!

Coolreefer42

Dropped a piece of live rock with Zoanthids on it it’s split into several pieces and the zoo were split as well am I in danger or my fish in danger of Paly  toxin 

1 minute ago, Coolreefer42 said:

Dropped a piece of live rock with Zoanthids on it it’s split into several pieces and the zoo were split as well am I in danger or my fish in danger of Paly  toxin 

No, just wear gloves to touch it. It will be okay, especially if they are zoa's and not pallys.. some fish/crabs eat them things.

If you have prime, you can dose a little of that.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
4 minutes ago, Tamberav said:

No, just wear gloves to touch it. It will be okay, especially if they are zoa's and not pallys.. some fish/crabs eat them things.

If you have prime, you can dose a little of that.

I touched them without gloves....

1 hour ago, Coolreefer42 said:

I touched them without gloves....

Next time use gloves....although I don't... you will be fine. People get sick because they boil them and steam up their whole house with palythoa. You don't see reefers droppin dead on the news all the time. Don't eat them or squirt them in your eye and huff them. You won't die from getting bleach on your hands but you might if you drank it.

• Haha 1
  • Thanks 1
1 hour ago, Tamberav said:

Next time use gloves....although I don't... you will be fine. People get sick because they boil them and steam up their whole house with palythoa. You don't see reefers droppin dead on the news all the time. Don't eat them or squirt them in your eye and huff them. You won't die from getting bleach on your hands but you might if you drank it.

👍

2 hours ago, Tamberav said:

Oh dang it I’m not supposed to huff them?! Haha that made me laugh. 😂

• 2 weeks later...

You're fine. Don't eat them, boil them, or rub them in your eyes and the risk is very minimal. If they even produce palytoxin, which most zoas and Palys actually don't.