Top Shelf Aquatics

20g Nuvo Fusion is cycling. If buy all those Auqua Gadgets then I should have just got a Red Sea Reefer and be done. Buyer's Remorse.

Joel V

I'm new.

Buyer's Remorse. 

I went to Neptune's Aquatics in San Jose, CA and they had Red Sea Reefers and they are absolutely gorgeous. I feel like selling my 20g fusion that is two weeks old right now. 

I bought the APS stand too for $300. Am I crazy?

I have the following already:

Tunze 3155

MP10 

Radeon XR15 G4 PRO

Should I go all in on the 20g fusion? Get the media baskets, skimmer, or just go reefer 170?

I have the 20 Fusion and love it.  The tank lends itself to a variety of aquascapes.  If you search the forums you can find some people who have done pretty amazing things with this tank.  Looking forward to seeing how yours turns out!

• Like 1

Even if you spend as much to get the same setup I like the flexibility of being able to choose each piece of equipment, rather than being stuck with the Red Sea stuff.  

• Like 2

I had sumped tanks but have AIO's now. I still like sumps but not regretting the AIO's... mostly because nano skimmers/equipment has come a long way and maintenance on my AIO seems a lot faster to clean than my sump tanks and I don't miss washing socks. 

2 hours ago, specore said:

Even if you spend as much to get the same setup I like the flexibility of being able to choose each piece of equipment, rather than being stuck with the Red Sea stuff.  

Can you elaborate on "Red Sea stuff" that you would. be stuck with? Because as far as I am aware, the reefers do not come with any equipment :)_ 

5 hours ago, HarryPotter said:

Can you elaborate on "Red Sea stuff" that you would. be stuck with? Because as far as I am aware, the reefers do not come with any equipment :)_ 

I was just going from the OP.  Does the Red Sea not come with the so called "gadgets" he is complaining about having to buy?

Sumps are even more flexible to get the right "gadgets" you want. Nothing needs to be exactly made for a small chamber.

I don't use filter socks. I use filter pads and sometimes filter floss occasionally after a water change. Not hard to maintain at all. Easy to just open the cabinet and replace.