Coral Vue Hydros

Starfish leg looks decomposing

THEBOOM1011

20 minutes ago, THEBOOM1011 said:

I got this starfish from world wide corals last Saturday and one of its leg is falling apart but the starfish is still moving can tall help me?

15389538982644457168856442793221.jpg

It is slowly dying.  🙁 Not much you can do.  

2 minutes ago, THEBOOM1011 said:

so what should I do?

Not much that you can do. It’s possible that it is injured and may heal but this is usually how they die.... by slowly falling apart.  

• Like 1

Make sure it has enough to eat. I know for sure the sand sifters in a tank too small or not mature enough to provide food for it will decompose similarly.it can regrow if it gets healthy. Miss my sand sifter... They're so cool.

1 minute ago, el_ote said:

Make sure it has enough to eat. I know for sure the sand sifters in a tank too small or not mature enough to provide food for it will decompose similarly.it can regrow if it gets healthy. Miss my sand sifter... They're so cool.

ok thank you it is a fromia starfish

12 hours ago, THEBOOM1011 said:

really?????

I don't understand why it was perfecty fine

They are super sensitive to water changes, it would need a very very very slow drip when introduced to your tank. They also are not appropriate for nano's (not sure your tank size) and it would eventually starve. That is why you don't see them in all our tanks. Blue Zoo lists them for 100 gallons, they are not kidding either.

• Like 1