inTank Media Baskets

PC Lighting

fish_rule

Hi! I have a standerd size 10 gallon tank. Right now I only have Live Rock and Sand in the tank. I was wondering if the 2x13 Bright Kit from AH supply would work to be able to keep corals inside my tank. Thx

I say... yes... I took me a while to make up my mind on whether or not I thought this would work. Grand total you will have 26W. It seems like a rather small amount of light, when it is stated that you are going to be using less than 30W in a ten... But I think it is doable. You will however be limited in what you are going to be able to keep. Softies should be fine though. -I would not strongly recommend that you do this, but it is most certainly possible!

It all depends on what you want to keep. Be realistic though, are you going to be happy in 6 months with just mushrooms, or are you going to want more. Better off buying for the future now, than spending twice the money in upgrades later. JMO though, I have seen some really nicely done mushroom and polyp tanks. Good Luck!;)

i agree with brian_4 on this it can be done but id upgrade ihave that amount of light on my 2.5 gallon and everyday i wonder if i should add more. BUT i just got some brown star polyps and im not kidding i would have a tank full of them they are gorgeaous! and 26 watts is fine for them I even have two sps frags up at the top of the tank.

Archived