inTank Media Baskets

Will a peaceful fish ever get unscared?

Minmay

Hey peeps, so I have Tail Spot goby aka (Ryder), domino clown aka (Whitley), Valentini puffer aka (Waldo) and a Pintail Wrasse. When I first got the wrasse aka (Ru Paul) acclimated him amd the next morning he was out swimming/exploring. Everyone got along. I've had RuPaul for 26 days today but last week I was feeding everyone and RuPaul and Waldo went for the same morsel and collided. Now RuPaul is freaked out. Only swims behind the rocks. He comes out to eat but stays in a cave til food swims by. I was already given the suggestion of re-aquascaping the rocks. Are there any other suggestions? This is such a beautful fish and sucks that I dont get to see him swim in the front of tank anymore. Thanks in advance.

Did the puffer try to nip him when they collided? I find wrasse very skittish by nature. My ornate leopard took a few days to get properly acclimated to my tank and now he weaves between the rocks and does laps up and down the length of the tank every day without fail. How big is your tank, btw?

Have any of the fish nipped at each other during the time you've had them? I know you said they get along, but fish can get nippy and territorial.

3 minutes ago, Aurortpa said:

Only time will tell.  As long as there aren’t any further altercations, she may come out again.  What kind of wrasse?  

He said pintail, I believe. Beautiful fish, that one.

• Like 1
4 minutes ago, Aurortpa said:

Only time will tell.  As long as there aren’t any further altercations, she may come out again.  What kind of wrasse?  

Pintail Wrasse. 

20180827_174627.jpg

• Thanks 1
8 minutes ago, Snow_Phoenix said:

Did the puffer try to nip him when they collided? I find wrasse very skittish by nature. My ornate leopard took a few days to get properly acclimated to my tank and now he weaves between the rocks and does laps up and down the length of the tank every day without fail. How big is your tank, btw?

Have any of the fish nipped at each other during the time you've had them? I know you said they get along, but fish can get nippy and territorial.

He said pintail, I believe. Beautiful fish, that one.

Im not sure if Waldo accidentally nipped at RuPaul when trying to eat. All of a sudden I heard RuPaul jump out the water and fell back in cuz he hit the tank lid. Thank goodness the lid was on. Only fish that bicker is my clown and goby. They dont nip at eat other tho its more of running up on each other talkin smack then go back to their aide of tank. I have IM 30g long

2 minutes ago, Minmay said:

Pintail Wrasse. 

20180827_174627.jpg

Ah totally missed that, I was admiring the names lol.  Love your toadstool and blastos btw.  

I think just give it time.  Just watch for any further conflicts.  When I feed I try to blast pellets in multiple locations so everyone gets a chance to eat without having to really encounter another—that may help.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
2 minutes ago, Aurortpa said:

Ah totally missed that, I was admiring the names lol.  Love your toadstool and blastos btw.  

I think just give it time.  Just watch for any further conflicts.  When I feed I try to blast pellets in multiple locations so everyone gets a chance to eat without having to really encounter another—that may help.

Everything I got as frags from my LFS. Everything has gotten larger since I bought them. Blastos so far is my fav coral. I usually broadcast feed the fish babies with the pumps on. I'll spot feed corals with pumps off. It took me forever to think of a name for Pintail. I was like hmmmm what's a male but is pretty??  Two days later Ding ding!! RuPaul!!! 😂😂😂

• Like 1