SaltCritters.com

Fluval Mini Skimmer Driving me crazy with air bubbles

fot80

I have a fluval sea mini skimmer installed into my Fluval Evo 13.5.  Months ago I got it to work fairly well.  After a few days the micro bubbles disappeared and it was producing decent skim although not as much as I would've liked.  But I was very pleased with the price and performance of it.  I went on vacation and decided to turn it off so my sister wouldn't deal with it since she would only do the bare minimum.  Ever since returning I have not been able to get that thing to work right.  It produces plenty of foam, but just doesn't seem to accumulate any skim in the cup.  What's worse is that the micro bubbles are extremely annoying.  The aquarium is full of nano bubbles and this has been like this for a month hoping to "break in."  I keep trying to adjust it, but nothing has worked so far.  I took it out and opened it to see if it was clean or something had come loose.  It was fine.  I have no idea how I got it to work right the first time.  Has anyone had difficulty with this skimmer?

I'm going to give it two more weeks.  I have no idea why there are so micro bubbles this time and I have no idea what I did the first time around to avoid micro bubbles.  Anyways, I added some coral.  Is it safe to add coral with so many air bubbles? 

On 9/17/2018 at 6:16 PM, fot80 said:

I'm going to give it two more weeks.  I have no idea why there are so micro bubbles this time and I have no idea what I did the first time around to avoid micro bubbles.  Anyways, I added some coral.  Is it safe to add coral with so many air bubbles? 

yeah its safe. the bubbles will eventually stop but adding corals wont hurt