Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

Clown Fish

mandelbloom

My clownfish has a couple white stringy things hangind from around his gill area. I hope he is ok? Other than that he seems fine, moving all around the tank, eating etc...

Ok here is the info right now. Nano Cube. Filtration is sponges, chemi-pure and live rock rubble + live sand and 11 lbs of fiji liverock. Tank is recently cycled, water parameters are as follows. PH 8.3 Amonia 0 Nitirites 0 Nitrates hovering near 10ppm. In the tank I have the follwing cleanup crew, 3 hermits, 3 turbo snails, 1 emerald crab. All of them are doing well. Only thing else in there is the clown, I just added him about 4 days ago. He still seems fine swims all around, no rubbing, comes up to me in the glass. I just noticed two white stringy things coming from his gill. Maybe a parisite? Hopefully it will go away, I hope he is ok.

is it the 12g cube or the new deluxe? sorry i was wondering about that cause i might get one. if you have a qtank do it now. im not sure what it is

Just the regular cube with fans. Its pretty cool though I like it, although the original ballast was faulty the replaced it. As far as what it looks like, I guess you could say it looks like a piece of skin. Or a little strand of cotton maybe?? I thought I say one on him when I first got him, but it went away now its back. I really think it may just be some kind of parasite in the water or something. Maybe a Cleaner Shrimp would help. I have been monitoring the water very closely over the past few days since I have added the fish and it has staid very stable. Granted the trates are a tad high, but I expect that since its a fairly new setup. Should go down after a few water changes.

Well it could have been flukes, but I started leaning towards Brooklynella, when I got home I noticed some white on his body. He was not panting or rubbing or anything like that. I went ahead and gave him a fresh water dip and formaline bath. Im sure it very stressfull but it seems to have done the trick. All the stuff is now gone, and he is swimming around just fine. Hopefully it wont resurface.

Archived