Coral Vue Hydros

Clown fish died

swebob

Yesterday I went to Petsupermarket and purchased 2 clown fish and I noticed that many of them were pale in color and some you could not make out the black lines. I got one from them that had bright colors and thick black lines and black on the fins but the other one was very pale.

When I got home and put them in the tank after adjusting them to the water the pale one went to the surface after awhile and also I noticed its belly was kind of sunk in. I took the fish back to them and they gave me another which was also pale and I also noticed a dead one in the tank.

Today when I got home the pale one was on the bottom and my shrimp was munching on him and it had an eye missing and it tail was off. My other clown is doing just fine and full of color.

I also have 2 dommino damsels that are very aggressive but dont bother the clown but i have a little black and white striped damsel that they chase around and it just stays in a corner and wont even come near the rocks and it would not come to feed with the other fish today.

I just wonder if the domminos killed the clown or I just got a bad fish from the store. Are the clowns sometimes pale in color or does it mean something el

Archived