SaltCritters.com

Pls help me ID this.

AnthonyNguyen

well, i knew a lilte about it. But just want to make sure, and i know that i has to feed Phytoplankton atleast twice a week. I just want to make sure.

hey anth,

i just got your note. ox's guess is pretty good. do you have nother shot with less glare? but close-to-positive id really requires examination of the spicules.

it could be a capnella, lobophytum, sinularia, or scleronephthya. the lfs or transhipper probably had a chance to see it expanded. if so they probably passed along that plankton-feeding advice along the chain of handling. based upon that tidbit of info and the orangish color i'd lean toward scleron.

again, better id requires cutting the thing open and seeing the spicules (i.e. bones) and how they attach to the base. an expanded/blossomed view also helps.

looks like a dendro to me. Japanese reefers love to put them in their tank but we have the hardest time keeping them alive in the states. Non-Photosynthetic, needs to be fed phytoplankton. Prefers lower lighting (caves) with high flow. Has a tendency to fall over and die. Beautiful though. Of course, I'm saying all this on the assumption that it is a dendro.

i being looking toward and finding out alots about this corlas, all i knew is soft colt , and needs atleast twice a week on Phytoplankton, and dont like flow, and no cave. But thanks all for your opnion. i really appreacite it.

• 2 weeks later...

it's not a dendro. it's most likely Scleronephthya. and i don't think they fare any better in japan in keeping corals like these. scleros are a little easier to keep then dendros but they can be picky as well.

Originally posted by bill33

not to be mean   but why do people buy stuff when they dont know what it is?

same resion people bye x2 colored zoos... they might be red... or they might be orange... just depends... its not that you know what it is, its if you like it...

Archived