Cultivated Reef

15 Gallon Update New Zoos(graphic intense)

C Jerome

A small update on my 15 gallon reef, he last was quite some time ago. All has been going well for a tank that I see about one week every several months due to being at school. When I came home in my my calcum levels had dropped causing the coraline to bleach out(my father was not dosing enough). All was starting to come back by summer end and I gave my father a short lesson about kent calcium reactor. I also lost two fish over the past four to five months, one jumped and the other, my favorite, clown goby has just dissapeared.

I added several new zoos this summer from a few priority mail transactions I did with other reefers, as well as added ricordia. There have been a bunch of other additions, too many to list now. The newest of which is a bright orange plate that I rescued from this LFS, I hope it can be nursed back to health.

Basic set up

-15 gallon long with custom external overflow and custom 29 gallon sump/fuge about half full of water my total volume is about 30gallons(soon to come is an extensive DIY guide to this whole project)

-two 3/4 in loc line returns via a mag7(need to upgrade)

-two 96w power quad 50/50s

-ebo heater, Physh1 ATO switch

I thought to snap these photos about five minutes before I left for college so needless to say things were a bit rushed.

The big picture, nothing like rusty razor blades and surgical scissors.

1P9060012_2.jpg

A little closer

2P9060011_2.jpg

The rescued plate about an hour after it was put in the tank.

3P9060003_2.jpg

Zoo, Musroom and ricordia cove

4P9060005_2.jpg

Zoos

5P9060015_2.jpg

Ricordia

6P9060018_3.jpg

Other zoos

7P9060013_2.jpg

Please let me know what you think.

C. Jerome

#1. i want a frag of your blues and your bright orange/red zoos when they grow out!!!! i'll trade ya some other nice zoos...

#2. you need to make sure that your camera is in focus before you take the pictures next time...its cool to be in a rush and all...but whats an extra second for the sake of focus? =) good looking tank, can't wait to see the grow out stage!

Archived