Top Shelf Aquatics

Hello my name is - nePTuNe!

NepTuNe-UsD

Aloha fellow RëFers!

Some of you might know me as UsD-ToTN in the aquarist chat room. Same guy, different agenda. Well its good to finally be a member of this site (thanks to Printerdown01 & his lovely GF). I am completely new to this hobby and have only had my tank (which happens to be my first) since Aug 1st! The live rock, half of the substrate, fish, and very few of the corals were purchased from an existing tank. Which eliminated the need for cycling. Since then I have added 8 corals, live sand, and changed all of the equipment. Here is a little about my tiny slice of saltwater pie...

20 G all glass no-name brand tank

2 x 55 watt PC lights from realux

2 powerheads: rio & penguin

CPR bakpak 2RëF (because clean water.. is fun water)

combination bubble catcher & surface skimmer for bakpak

Visitherm 100 watt heater (it aint the best but it works)

2 broken shards of glass used as a poor excuse for a tank cover

3'' of mixed live sand and crushed coral

35-40 lbs of fuji live rock

various corals, inverts, and fish

and a whole lot of lovin

If you have any questions or comments about the tank feel free to ask, comment, or a combination of the two.

;) .

If that last picture just didnt cut it for you... here is a closer look.

This pic was taken a week ago and looks more like what it does now, aside from some relocation of rock and coral, removal of fish to bigger tank, and other crazy nuances. Enjoy.

No worries bro.

I figured that by adding the part in my last message that says... "aside from some relocation of rock and coral, removal of fish to bigger tank.." that it would prevent the animal rights activists from lecturing me on the tang in my 20. But I guess I was wrong. Anyways.. please read carefully. The whole removal of fish to a bigger tank kind of sums it up. Thanks.

Oh and btw, that tang was only in there because I bought him from someone who had him in a 15. I figured a 20 was a little better until i moved him to the bigger show tank.

Saw the tang in the pic and withheld comment, figured plenty other people would give ya a "blast"...lol

I DID read and notice the " removal of fish to bigger tank"... Congrats! Tank looks awsome, really nice job!

Hey Roland, it is nice to finally have you on the board (I've been talking to him for a couple of days now, via AIM)! Awesome tank, I'm impressed!!! I love the dark purple coralline (always make the tank inhabitants seem more brilliant!). I also have to complement you on the nice purple shrooms in the lower left, almost missed them since they almost match the coralline -very sweet! Well I'll get to meet you in person @ noon on the 21st... Hopefully I can join you on the surf by the end of the year ;). I won't try and hook up with you this semeseter, I would be a total drag in the water, LOL! I'll see you around I'm sure...

Archived