Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

wilted shrooms?

anarchyman2099

anarchyman2099

Ok. I'm very ignorant when it comes to mushrooms, sps, lps, basicly you name the coral i dont know ANYTHING about it except if its cool looking and the light it needs. so heres my question; is it possible for a red, and green striped mushroom to wilt? I've had them for about a month and a half and they havent opened al the way. I've been doing weekly water changes and spot feeding them "black powder" and various shrip i feed my tomato clowns, also i have them in a low flow zone. what am i doing wrong to as where they refuse to open for me????

do you know what light they cam from and what light you have they are a rael adaptive coral and can go in higher light but also go to lower light so thye might have been use to a diff light so they might not upen up fully, mine did it and they were coming from MH to what was then a nano cube and it took like 2 months for them to open up fully

anarchyman2099

they came from a 20g that had i think 3 50/50 pc retrofits about idk a foot or so above the tank. i got a crappy flourecent that came with the 10g. Also would the fact that one of my bumblebee snails won't stop pestering them by settling right beside them on their rock?

yea could be, if i were you untill you could get some better lights get 2 walmart curlie q's taht are about 20 watts the screwin ones btu they are compact flourscents, i have 2 kinda, one looks like about 10,000K while the others are either 5500K or 6500K, i'll send you pics you could put them over it till you could get a better light, but hello lights has a 96 watt power quad fixture for 88 bucks if you wanted to look into that they probibly arn't getitng enough light

Archived