Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

I'LL GIVE YA $20 for ...

SSMangrove

Ill pay 20$ for a HEALTHY frag of ORANGE montipora capricornus that is the size of a quarter. RESPOND to this thread if you have a good colony and want to make a little money!

SS

if you don't get a reply you should go check out tropical paradise, or give them a call, they usually have monti cap frags...if they don't have it, give all about fish(pleasant hill/concord area) a call and see if they have a frag.

ive been to tropical paradise and i dont know if im going to go back. i was lied to and treated like less than a customer. Plus their prices have skyrocketed within the last year. And since when did montipora digitata become rare? according to them it is..

lol...are you serious?? you must not have talked to someone knowlegable...the owner, eddie, is pretty on top of things and another employee, lance, is very knowledgeable... if you don't mind my asking, what do you mean you were lied to?

i do agree that their prices are high, but they also have some corals that you never see anywhere, so i don't mind saving my nickels and dimes to buy a really nice zoo frag or something.

SSMangrove,

Have a chat with Dr Lee at Aquatic Gallery or John (Tubs). m.cap, m.digitata, m.spongetodis, etc are fairly common unless you are talking about rare color morphs (e.g. like some of the red/blue/purple m.dunae - spelling).

NOTE: unless you have ALOT of room in your nano you may want to reconsider the m.cap. The last cap I had in my 100G reef grew to about 12" around and basically resembled a very large cabbage (green with lavender ridge). m.digitata might be better but very fragile. m.spongetodis (encrusting) can be very beautiful.

Plankton

yoshiod,

Digitata is not rare, which is what i was told. green digitata is less common but not "PRICELESS" as i was told. Plus a fist sized piece of semi-decent hydnophora shouldnt cost 100$, and its not considered an LPS coral... Every reef book ive read says its sps.

lol...holy crap, i can't believe anyone said that monti dig is rare! lol...priceless!!! oh geez. well, yeah i guess youre right, i'm sorry you had such a crap experience with their store...you should write to the owner and tell him what happened...he's an understanding guy and i think he would give you a better price than what you said they wanted! hell, i went there not 4 months ago and got a bright orange monti digi frag for like 15(around 2.5 inches and 2 stalks), a bright green monti cap for 20(like 2 by 2 inches), and a light green monti cap with bright blue polyps for around 45(was only an inch by and inch though). you must have been talking to someone who just didn't know what they were talking about...though at tp, i find it hard to believe they would hire incompetent employees.

i do always get mad about the NFS stuff at tp....cuz its always the zoos i want that are NFS. anyway, find a cheaper store then tp...i mean i drive all the way from sacto to get to tp...there are some good cheap stores in concord and the south bay...i would much rather go to the bay area stores than the sacto area ones. i just went to a store that was selling yellow polyps rocks...probably around 50 polyps...for 39.99!! selling BROWN mushrooms(like five on a rock) for 44.99!!!! but you know how it is...brown mushrooms and yellow polyps are getting pretty rare these days... ;-)

oh yeah, you really should write tp and tell him how you feel. the worst that can happen is that he ignores you. the best is that the store grows as a business and things get better there.

Archived