inTank Media Baskets

confused on lighting

bBoYLXIX

ok. i want to set up a 10g reef tank with softies, anemone, and one fish, most likely a clown. would i use metal halide or PC or what? what kind of wattage? should i use two different bulbs? if so, what combination? any site that have good deals? thank

though i love my powerquad...i wish i couldve gone with something that had a seperation between the actinic and the 6700 or 10k white...not being able to control 'day/night' kinda sucks. its just....click...BRIGHT LIGHT!! poor fish.

i'd try the 2X40 or you could go coralife 2X65 i think...its like a 24in fixture but with the legs you can set it up for with only two inches of overhang(outside your tank) and no dark spots in the tank.

anemones can have pretty high lighting requirements (as well as being picky about water quality). Their demands make them only for the experienced nano reefer, as most nano-reefers avoid anemones. Unlike with a larger tank, in a nano, an anemone death means your whole tank dies (the anemone goes to paste overnight and the paste turns the tank into a toxic fog). For an anemone, I would say wait, but when and if you get one, check the lighting requirements. At minimum a 70 or 150wattDE halide might be in order...those PC bulbs just wont cut it.

Archived