inTank Media Baskets

Dannyk35s Marina Cubus .9 Gallon Pico Reef

dannyk35

I added a Sexy Shrimp to the tank last week Friday, and so far it has been happy. I also added some more green star polyps, and more zoas. Today I added a new invert, and will post pictures later.

• Like 1
6 hours ago, dannyk35 said:

I added a Sexy Shrimp to the tank last week Friday, and so far it has been happy. I also added some more green star polyps, and more zoas. Today I added a new invert, and will post pictures later.

Keep an eye on the sexy.  They can kind of be buttheads and have been known to munch coral, especially zoas.  They are pretty neat critters, though.

For a slimmer profile heater, look at this one from Aqua Forest Aquariums.  I posted pictures last fall on the creative container contest thread of a size comparison--it's very slender and about as long as the heater you're using now.  Several contestants from that contest used that heater and I've used for well over a year in different tanks; I love it!  External thermostat control.  My only complaint is the cord is shorter than I would like lol.

• Like 1
5 minutes ago, Lula_Mae said:

Keep an eye on the sexy.  They can kind of be buttheads and have been known to munch coral, especially zoas.  They are pretty neat critters, though.

For a slimmer profile heater, look at this one from Aqua Forest Aquariums.  I posted pictures last fall on the creative container contest thread of a size comparison--it's very slender and about as long as the heater you're using now.  Several contestants from that contest used that heater and I've used for well over a year in different tanks; I love it!  External thermostat control.  My only complaint is the cord is shorter than I would like lol.

That heater looks perfect. I'm definitely going to be ordering one! Thanks for the tip on the Sexy shrimp. I appreciate it.

• Like 1

I’m sorry for the lack of updates, ya’ll. I’ve been feeling under the weather, and just haven’t had the motivation to do much. I just got my new LED bulb in today so i will finally be posting an update tomorrow night.

• Like 1

Finally!

I got tired of my loose corals getting knocked over by hermits and snails, so last night I decided to glue down all but two of my frags.  I'm beyond happy with how it turned out. I would have updated it last night, but the corals didn't want to open up fully last night.

As I stated in a previous post, I picked up a Sexy Shrimp about two weeks ago (on the 14th.)  My girlfriend decided to name her Soo (after the Soo Line Railroad) so if I say Soo, its regarding her.

She's been a true joy to have. I love watching her, as Sexy Shrimp are so entertaining.  I also picked up a second GSP frag when I got her, and she seems to hang around it a lot.

I added a Pom Pom Crab last week Friday (I think), which seems to be doing okay. I rarely see it, as its constantly hiding. I really hope it comes around.

I also finally got an LED bulb for the tank, (this one https://www.ebay.com/itm/E27-PAR30-PAR38-LED-Coral-Reef-Plant-Grow-Light-Bulb-Fish-Tank-Aquarium-Lamp/332598498471?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&var=541705650056&_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649) and I love it so far.  Its truly bringing out the color in my Zoas and GSPs. 

I will be ordering the heater that @Lula_Mae suggested for me, as it is significantly smaller than my tetra one.

Anyways, enough Jibber-Jabber, here's some pictures!

FTS:

Ozs7KaX.jpg

Misc Zoas:

erwYTDO.jpg

HnvTBT9.jpg

gbPwgvM.jpg

BPxZiU7.jpg

tg4bBGI.jpg

The new Green Star Polyps. The previous ones are in the back of the tank, they weren't looking the greatest when I took pictures (the lights were only on for about an hour when I took these.)

BFVhkPU.jpg

Here's Soo!

Zr5kzsG.jpg

Thats about it for now. Please feel free to post any feedback!

• Like 3
3 hours ago, dannyk35 said:

Finally!

I got tired of my loose corals getting knocked over by hermits and snails, so last night I decided to glue down all but two of my frags.  I'm beyond happy with how it turned out. I would have updated it last night, but the corals didn't want to open up fully last night.

As I stated in a previous post, I picked up a Sexy Shrimp about two weeks ago (on the 14th.)  My girlfriend decided to name her Soo (after the Soo Line Railroad) so if I say Soo, its regarding her.

She's been a true joy to have. I love watching her, as Sexy Shrimp are so entertaining.  I also picked up a second GSP frag when I got her, and she seems to hang around it a lot.

I added a Pom Pom Crab last week Friday (I think), which seems to be doing okay. I rarely see it, as its constantly hiding. I really hope it comes around.

I also finally got an LED bulb for the tank, (this one https://www.ebay.com/itm/E27-PAR30-PAR38-LED-Coral-Reef-Plant-Grow-Light-Bulb-Fish-Tank-Aquarium-Lamp/332598498471?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&var=541705650056&_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649) and I love it so far.  Its truly bringing out the color in my Zoas and GSPs. 

I will be ordering the heater that @Lula_Mae suggested for me, as it is significantly smaller than my tetra one.

Anyways, enough Jibber-Jabber, here's some pictures!

FTS:

Ozs7KaX.jpg

Misc Zoas:

erwYTDO.jpg

HnvTBT9.jpg

gbPwgvM.jpg

BPxZiU7.jpg

tg4bBGI.jpg

The new Green Star Polyps. The previous ones are in the back of the tank, they weren't looking the greatest when I took pictures (the lights were only on for about an hour when I took these.)

BFVhkPU.jpg

Here's Soo!

Zr5kzsG.jpg

Thats about it for now. Please feel free to post any feedback!

Fortunately, your tank is a great size to see a pom pom fairly often. Give it a few weeks to settle in, and check overhangs in the rocks for signs of little patterned legs.  🙂

I REAAALLLY love this little tank,reminds me of something I would do. Although I did have a tank the same size at one point,it never really ever took off unfortunately. 

• Like 2
On 9/26/2018 at 11:07 PM, Lula_Mae said:

Fortunately, your tank is a great size to see a pom pom fairly often. Give it a few weeks to settle in, and check overhangs in the rocks for signs of little patterned legs.  🙂

I've been seeing it more and more lately. I'm pretty happy with it!

On 9/29/2018 at 11:57 PM, Reefkid88 said:

I REAAALLLY love this little tank,reminds me of something I would do. Although I did have a tank the same size at one point,it never really ever took off unfortunately. 

Thank you! Expect an update tomorrow on it!

• Like 3

I know I said the update was going to be Saturday, but I ended up getting busy and it got put on hold. However, last night I managed to put this together. I bought a new DSLR (Canon Rebel T6) and tried out the video on it. The quality should be better, I'm not sure why it looks so bad..(thanks iMovie..)

Here's the video!