ReefCleaners.org

Did my clownfish get ich?

makingfilms

Hi 

just noticed this pm one largeish bump on my clownfishes chin. She is eating and seems fine but this bump is pretty pronounced.she is the only fish in my tank.  I have had her two plus years and haven’t added anything to the tank except Zoas from a live sale in months. Not sure how she would have gotten it. I don’t have a qt but can set one up tomorrow and get whatever I need. Any help would be awesome.  

5F9D6E42-B595-49BE-B5C5-58580F658C63.jpeg

0D9BEF07-BA7F-4E4A-B08D-AAB2E1F6A50B.jpeg

13697AC2-8E91-477F-8C75-F69BBFC39DDE.jpeg

81358A92-5B32-465A-87B7-3CB264EDA934.jpeg

I don't think it's Ich (which is usually smaller).  Maybe she just scraped it on a rock.  Keep an eye on her.  If you see additional spots, let us know.

• Like 1

Thanks. 

I have taken steps to intervene but I hope it is just a scrape and I don’t have to qt. I crossed posted on reef2 reef and got some feedback. 

According to humblefish on reef2reef I should qt and use metroplex and kanaplex. I ordered these tonight but won’t get them til Saturday. Tomorrow will pick up a cheap qt  tank at petco.  I have a 3 gallon mixing container I may shift to a qt if that is big enough for treatment but I am worried it may be too small. I have some seeded matrix In my tank that I can use to establish my qt but would need to reseed some for my main tank 

i am am slightly worried that if I do qt her she may freak out with the move and be worse off so while I wait for meds I hope she recovers. 

My clowns  get little white hard bumps from time to time, it lasts for a day or so and then gone.

I have never treated besides soaking their food in fresh garlic.