SaltCritters.com

Fan speeding up/slowing down

Angry-Monkey

Angry-Monkey

Hi, I purchased a nanobox tide second hand about 9 months ago from a forum member. The fan has recently started making a lot of noise. It seems to be speeding up and then slowing down constantly and the sound is getting a little annoying. Would the solution be as easy as just swapping out the fan for a new one? Or do you think there may be another issue? I tried to clean the unit a couple nights ago and it didn't really help.

Thanks!

11 hours ago, Angry-Monkey said:

Hi, I purchased a nanobox tide second hand about 9 months ago from a forum member. The fan has recently started making a lot of noise. It seems to be speeding up and then slowing down constantly and the sound is getting a little annoying. Would the solution be as easy as just swapping out the fan for a new one? Or do you think there may be another issue? I tried to clean the unit a couple nights ago and it didn't really help.

Thanks!

Sounds like it is on its way out ( I think you have an OG unit ). Shoot me a PM or email. I will link you. Swapping is extremely easy! 

Angry-Monkey
2 hours ago, DaveFason said:

Sounds like it is on its way out ( I think you have an OG unit ). Shoot me a PM or email. I will link you. Swapping is extremely easy! 

Thanks, yes it's an older unit. PM sent

• 3 years later...
SnowflakeDreamer

Was looking at this tide mini and dont even know where to begin to remove the fan. i see the side cap gets removed but lost from there. Tomorrow i will post a lil vid to show what I am working with and the noise I get.

SnowflakeDreamer

Here is a quick video of the sound of the fan on my nanobox tide. I purchased a replacement fan, but this isnt what its supposed to sound like correct? or is this normal? thanks