Coral Vue Hydros

difference in growth between two ricordea

old_turkey

I bought two small ricordea at the same time from a local shop when I first got my tank:  

1 blue, 1 green, each with 2 mouths.

its been 7-ish months now and they seem to have diverged in growth even though they basically have sat next to each other the whole time.  They both pretty much covered the frag disc they were on when I first got them.   The blue used to be as big as the green one, but more recently it has shrunk (DSC00014 is around the time I got them, IMG_1583 is a photo I snapped today). 

what might be factors that cause the difference in size?

IMG_1583.jpg

DSC00014.jpg

Nano sapiens

Not really a question of growth, per se, but more one of tissue inflation.  One is just 'happier' than the other right now, but that can also change over time. 

This is a common occurrence.  Flow, lighting, food availability, genetics, pigment (color) ability to absorb/utilize your particular lighting can affect Ricordia.  It can take a while to find the optimal spot for a particular Ricordia specimen, but be aware that too great a change and/or too frequent movement often causes more harm than good (especially true for R. yuma).

• Like 3

I have various yuma's and Florida ricordea.

I have 2 that have never fully opened or split. 

I've had them for 2 yrs. I've tried them in different areas and they just won't expand.

My others have expanded and spread.

Not sure why theres a difference. They are all in the same area now

• Like 1