SaltCritters.com

Feeding corals AM or PM?

Nano Nano Boo Boo

KW NANOREEF
19 minutes ago, Nano Nano Boo Boo said:

Been researching this, and what different LPS feed better at night. Anyone wanna chime in?

Pm is better because then are already open compared to just opening

• Like 1

Most my LPS, even balano is trained, to open during day and eat then. When I broadcast food for the SPS tho, I do it at night and turn off my return pumps and leave circulation running for like 20 minutes.  

A Little Blue

Amino acids during a day (maybe if I feel like it, I would also target feed few LPS/RFA),coral food at the evening & phytoplankton at night. Phytoplankton everyday, other food once or twice per week. 

PM usually for my lobo but I can get the sweepers to come out if I blast it with mysis lol, and my candy cane coral only let's out its sweepers in the middle of the night no matter what .. everything else could care less

I like to do a large broadcast feed before my waterchanges which is around lunch time.

I also feed 1 other time during the week in the evening.

• Like 1
16 hours ago, Clown79 said:

I like to do a large broadcast feed before my waterchanges

Definitely this. I feed the nems the day of water change and do a big broadcast feed the night before when everything is hungry. Get that extra food out before it starts breaking down on my rocks or in my sand.