Cultivated Reef

3month update

fuka

5kgs of LR

4" bed of crushed coral...might change it to a agronite bed but theres heaps of worms adn copeds n stuff in there so i might just c how things keep going i havent had a break out of hair algae or anything so if things start to go down hill i will be sure to change it....

also i know theres a power head just laying there but is it harming my tank? no... it came with the tank it doesnt have suction caps and is designed for the filter that came with the tank so thats y its just laying there...

i have a hob aquaclear 150 with sponge adn carbon rinsed weekly when i do a 25% water change

i top evapwater up everyday - 2days just using spring water

i also add seachem

reef complete - raises calcium, maintains magnesium anbd strontium.

reef carbonate - raises carbonate alkalinity.

reef plus - concentrated vitamin & amino acid supplement.

im very pleased with my tank it is booming there is crabs, snails, worms, copeds, brittle stars etc everywhere...

coralline algae is comming along well i have only just started to add additives so i cant wait to c wat happens in the months ahead...

will be adding a 9watt compact fluro soon... and might turn the ac150 into a fuge

hey i like it! what type of tank is that? a 'jebo' or something? its always nice to see some aussie nanos!

i have heaps of those pesky lil crabs too.. they have decimated all my pretty purple macro algae..

with lighting, what are you using right now? also if you dont mind me asking, have you found anywhere in oz that stocks the smaller compact fluros? ive been looking for a 50/50 bulb for my 11w everywhere..

I sorta like the powerhead laying there on the bottom, it's like a sunken ship or some wierd wreckage on the bottom of the ocean. Very nice tank.

And by the way, there is a shampoo that will take care of those crabs, you just rub it in and then use this really fine comb.

thank you all for the replies it is good to get feedback :)

newbie carlz the tank is a little aquapro a015 im not sure if it is a 8gal but that was my rough estimate...

the lighting is stock i think its a little 10watt no fluro

i havent looked into compacts but i did buy a 9watt compact it was only 30bucks when i decide on what corals etc i will probably upgrade but yes i have to say australia sucks when it comes to reefing we r so behind compared to america...

ciwila i will have to go get some shampoo :) thanks for the tip :)

I believe the reef in Ausia is amaxing it is just keeping it in the tanks may be behind =)

The crab shampoo is blue, i heard from a friend.

I am confused about that PH down there, what is it doing? :/

• 2 weeks later...

Archived